12.10.07

I swam 20 laps yay! I'm a bit surprised at how 'good' my stamina is, I felt a bit tired after the swim, but I still didn't expect to reach the 20-lap mark so easily.

Correction: breakfast I had oatmeal instead of yoghurt. After swimming I had a piece of wholewheat bread and 1 grapefruit.

I did some research on swimming, it appears that it's a bit of a controversial sport, in the sense that it seems that it is good exercise for your body, but it doesn't seem to help you lose weight. Which is ok I guess, as long as it helps me lower my cholesterol level.

I also read that high triglyceride levels may be hereditary, especially in families that have a history of diabetes, like my family. So I really better limit my sugar intake from now on.

It's a blessing in disguise actually - my bad blood test results have forced me to take action and change my lifestyle to a healthy one, which I hope will have long-term positive effects on my health, stamina & energy levels =) Hope it helps me to look happy & healthy as well =)