9.10.07

Day 1 of 'The New Me' Diet & Exercise Regime

Today for breakfast I had a cup of Marigold non-fat aloe vera yoghurt and a banana. An almost-over-ripe-but-not-quite-yet Dole banana, which I bought from Isetan Scotts last week. =)

I also managed to swim 10 laps at the swimming pool. Yay! *weak cheer*

Why the sudden change in diet & lifestyle? Because even though I'm not fat, my cholesterol & triglyceride levels are too high. Which is scary according to my mom, considering the fact that I'm still young. But at least I caught it early, for which I feel very grateful, because if not I would have blissfully-yet-dangerously kept gobbling down char kway teow & sambal stingray.. which is not to say that I still won't do it every once in a while =) wink wink ;)

I also need to drink more, because according to *THE INTERNET* water is needed for the body to break down triglyceride. So now I'm starting to become like a camel, and I've started to avoid sweetened drinks like my all-time favorite Four Seasons Ice Lemon Tea, because apparently sweetened drinks also contribute to higher levels of triglyceride in the body.