3.11.05

shanghai

waktu ngobrol ama dhian, bicara dikit perjalanan yg dulu2.. jadi pengen nge-post foto2nya..

first on the list.. shanghai - sep 2004

view from my hotel room - pudong : a new area of shanghai that's being developed at breakneck speed. chock full of new office buildings, apartment buildings, convention centers, etc etc..

view of my hotel room - renaissance hotel, pudong - friendly staff =)

one of the high-rise office buildings in shanghai that caught my eye

shanghai bund! there used to be a HK TV series called Shanghai Bund in the 90's.. I loved the series, so The Bund became one of my must-visit-before-I-die-destinations =) the place really is stunning at night..

hihi.. burem ya.. me in front of one of the lion statues on the steps of Bangkok Bank, one of the banks lining the Bund.

another view of the Bund

cityscape - huangpu river, across from the bund

oriental pearl tv tower - supposed to be the 3rd highest building in the world - also on the banks of huangpu river, across from the bund

--> although shanghai has metamorphized into a modern city, there's still a mixture of old & new, they've managed to preserve some historical spots, which is pretty cool =)